Re: BUG #14915: Create sub-partitioning using GENERATED ALWAYS ASIDENTITY will lead to system collapse. - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Amit Langote
Subject Re: BUG #14915: Create sub-partitioning using GENERATED ALWAYS ASIDENTITY will lead to system collapse.
Date
In response to Re: BUG #14915: Create sub-partitioning using GENERATED ALWAYS ASIDENTITY will lead to system collapse.  (Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-bugs
On 2017/11/17 11:05, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 17, 2017 at 10:52 AM,  <691525127@qq.com> wrote:
>> However, the server connection failed in actual implementation.
>> What is the reason for that? Will it be a bug?
>
> This issue is already discussed here, happening as well for typed
> tables (original bug is about typed tables, I bumped into the
> partition bit after more testing):
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20171023074458.1473.25799@wrigleys.postgresql.org
> There is a patch which actually blocks any hole with an error message
> instead of actual support as this feature support requires a bit of
> refactoring when working on constraint clauses at parsing. And that's
> a work about which we are not completely sure what's the best
> direction to take, so for v10 things will likely go through the road
> of a feature-not-supported error.

Yeah, I think it would be nice to apply that patch so that 10.2 will give
an error for this usage.

Thanks,
Amit