Re: pg_dump gets attributes from tables in extensions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: pg_dump gets attributes from tables in extensions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 5:33 AM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
>> While looking at the patch to fix pg_dump with extensions containing
>> tables referencing each other, I got surprised by the fact that
>> getTableAttrs tries to dump table attributes even for tables that are
>> part of an extension. Is that normal?
>> Attached is a patch that I think makes things right, but not dumping any
>> tables that are part of ext_member.
>
> Can you provide an example/test case?  (e.g., which publicly available
> extension contains tables with attributes?)

Sure. Attached is a simplified version of the extension I used for the
other patch on pg_dump.
$ psql -c 'create extension dump_test'
CREATE EXTENSION
$ psql -At -c '\dx+ dump_test'
table aa_tab_fkey
table bb_tab_fkey
$ pg_dump -v 2>&1 | grep "columns and types"
pg_dump: finding the columns and types of table "public"."bb_tab_fkey"
pg_dump: finding the columns and types of table "public"."aa_tab_fkey"
--
Michael

Attachment