Re: [REVIEW] Re: Compression of full-page-writes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: [REVIEW] Re: Compression of full-page-writes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Feb 6, 2015 at 6:35 PM, Syed, Rahila wrote:
> The compression patch can  use the latest interface MemoryContextAllocExtended to proceed without compression when
sufficientmemory is not available for

> scratch buffer.
> The attached patch introduces OutOfMem flag which is set on when MemoryContextAllocExtended returns NULL .

TBH, I don't think that brings much as this allocation is done once
and process would surely fail before reaching the first code path
doing a WAL record insertion. In any case, OutOfMem is useless, you
could simply check if compression_scratch is NULL when assembling a
record.
--
Michael