Re: OS X El Capitan and DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: OS X El Capitan and DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH
Date
Re: OS X El Capitan and DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Nov 5, 2015 at 12:17 PM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
> On 11/3/15 6:36 AM, Andres Freund wrote:
>> I wonder if we could fix this by using install_name_tool during the
>> tempinstall to add an appropriate rpath.
>>
>> Alternatively we could, apparently, specify a relative path to libraries
>> as explained here:
>> http://qin.laya.com/tech_coding_help/dylib_linking.html
>>  % install_name_tool -change libbz2.1.0.2.dylib  @executable_path/../Frameworks/libbz2.1.0.2.dylib MyFunBinary
>>
>> which ought to work independently from the tempinstall and normal
>> installation path.
>
> That might be worth a try.  I ended up disabling system integrity
> protection, which also fixed a few other strange behaviors (mysterious
> regression test failures in ecpg, for instance, if anyone stumbles
> across that).

Yeah, that's wiser IMO. I would expect at the end people doing some
serious development work to disable SIP at the end, this is known as
well to cause issues with homebrew for example.
--
Michael