Re: OS X El Capitan and DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: OS X El Capitan and DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2015-11-05 12:51:48 +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 5, 2015 at 12:17 PM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
> > On 11/3/15 6:36 AM, Andres Freund wrote:
> >> I wonder if we could fix this by using install_name_tool during the
> >> tempinstall to add an appropriate rpath.
> >>
> >> Alternatively we could, apparently, specify a relative path to libraries
> >> as explained here:
> >> http://qin.laya.com/tech_coding_help/dylib_linking.html
> >>  % install_name_tool -change libbz2.1.0.2.dylib  @executable_path/../Frameworks/libbz2.1.0.2.dylib MyFunBinary
> >>
> >> which ought to work independently from the tempinstall and normal
> >> installation path.
> >
> > That might be worth a try.

It'll probably not me though, given that I scream bloody murder
everytime I've to use OSX...

> > I ended up disabling system integrity
> > protection, which also fixed a few other strange behaviors (mysterious
> > regression test failures in ecpg, for instance, if anyone stumbles
> > across that).
>
> Yeah, that's wiser IMO.

That's probably true in the short term. I doubt it'll be viable in the
long run. Both because apple obviously doesn't care one iota about the
developer experience around this, and thus probably has a limited
interest keeping related procedures working the same, and because once
more people use El Captan it'll have to be done by more and more
people.

Andres