Re: [GENERAL] WAL replication wrong collate - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: [GENERAL] WAL replication wrong collate
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Aug 15, 2017 at 3:52 AM, basti <mailinglist@unix-solution.de> wrote:
> master and slave had set the same locales.
> I dont unterstand that i can create a database in en_us.utf8 and then when i
> did the basebackup it's change to c locale.
> I cant find any option for pg_basebackup to set locale/collate.
> I use this howto https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Streaming_Replication and
> had install an other cluster in the past with successful.
>
> How can help please?

Are you sure that you are connecting to the right standby server? The
creation of a database is WAL-logged in roughly two phases:
- Log the new pg_database record.
- Copy the directory of the template database to the new database.
So collations are conserved at replay.
--
Michael