Re: [GENERAL] cluster question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alex Samad
Subject Re: [GENERAL] cluster question
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi

Quick question.  I have a 2 node cluster - each node has its own ip.

But from reading this, I really need a 3rd ip, which potentially floats between the nodes to which ever is the master / rw node.

Is that right? Sort of makes sense I guess

On 14 August 2017 at 16:47, Andreas Kretschmer <andreas@a-kretschmer.de> wrote:
On 14 August 2017 08:39:54 GMT+02:00, Alex Samad <alex@samad.com.au> wrote:
>Hi
>
>I have setup a streaming replicating cluster, with a hot standby.
>
>Now I would like to change the RW to hot standby and change the hot
>standby
>to be the RW server.
>
>Is it just a matter of updating recover.conf file ?
>
>Alex

I would suggest you repmgr, with this tool you can do "repmgr standby switchover" to perform such tasks.

Regards, Andreas.

--
2ndQuadrant - The PostgreSQL Support Company