Re: split builtins.h to quote.h - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: split builtins.h to quote.h
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Nov 8, 2014 at 5:55 AM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Michael Paquier wrote:
>> On Fri, Nov 7, 2014 at 2:31 AM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>
>> > I thought the consensus was that the SQL-callable function declarations
>> > should remain in builtins.h -- mainly so that quote.h does not need to
>> > include fmgr.h.
>> Moving everything to quote.h is done in-line with what Tom and Robert
>> suggested, builtins.h being a refuge for function declarations that
>> have nowhere else to go. Suggestion from here:
>> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CA+TgmoZF3dkpTuA6Ex6gXLnnd-nMS-fBjCXRoiTwFfH-+6yBQQ@mail.gmail.com
>
> Did you miss this one?
> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/31728.1413209460@sss.pgh.pa.us
Well, yes :) I missed that. Note that I am leaning to Robert's
direction as well to do a clear separation... Now if the final
consensus is different, then let's use the patch attached that puts
the SQL functions to builtins.h, and the rest in quote.h.
Regards,
--
Michael

Attachment