Re: Convert query plan to sql query - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From mariem
Subject Re: Convert query plan to sql query
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi Tom,
>If you don't need that, why are you insistent on extracting the
>information from a plan tree?

I need to resolve expressions and apply rewrite rules before I reverse the
query plan to a query.

>It seems far simpler to me to make use of ruleutils.c to reverse-list
>the original parsetree.  That functionality already exists and is well
>tested and well maintained.  If you insist on working from a plan tree,
>you will be writing a fair amount of code that you will have to maintain
>yourself.  And I absolutely, positively guarantee that we will break it
>in every major release, and occasionally in minor releases.  You should
>read the git history of explain.c and ruleutils.c and ask yourself whether
>you want to keep up with that level of churn.

I'm aware of ruleutils.c which I think is a good tool but I don't think it's
appropriate as it takes the parse tree as input.

Best,
Mariem