Re: [DOCS] effective_io_concurrency option in ALTER TABLESPACE - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: [DOCS] effective_io_concurrency option in ALTER TABLESPACE
Date
List pgsql-docs
On Thu, Jan 26, 2017 at 12:49 AM,  <thusson@informiciel.com> wrote:

> Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/sql-altertablespace.html
>
> This page:
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/runtime-config-resource.html
>
> Tell about effective_io_concurrency could be changed for a specific
> tablespace and refer to this page:
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/sql-altertablespace.html
> Who said "Currently, the only available parameters are seq_page_cost and
> random_page_cost." and refer to them.
>
> Option "effective_io_concurrency" is missing as I tried the following
> command and it worked:
> alter tablespace emet_temp set (effective_io_concurrency=50);

Thanks for the report, this has been fixed recently by this commit and
will be available with 9.6.2:
commit: 4e344c2cf4ff00ca38ea0035bc137dab95fdd0c0
author: Fujii Masao <fujii@postgresql.org>
date: Sat, 17 Dec 2016 01:25:29 +0900
Add missing documentation for effective_io_concurrency tablespace option.

The description of effective_io_concurrency option was missing in ALTER
TABLESPACE docs though it's included in CREATE TABLESPACE one.
--
Michael