Re: [HACKERS] Proposal: generic WAL compression - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Proposal: generic WAL compression
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Nov 20, 2017 at 4:49 PM, Antonin Houska <ah@cybertec.at> wrote:
> One more idea:
>
> I think the metadata (ALIGN_GAP) should be stored separate from the actual
> data so that you can use memcpy() instead of this loop:
>
>     while (i < j)
>     {
>             char                c = targetRegionAligned[i++];
>
>             writeToPtr(ptr, c);
>     }

Moved to next CF per lack of reviews. The patch still applies.

Oleg, I would recommend as well that you do more patch reviews. Let's
not forget that for one patch submitted you should review one patch
with a somewhat equal difficulty, and yours is quite specialized.
--
Michael