Re: [HACKERS] Proposal: generic WAL compression - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Antonin Houska
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Proposal: generic WAL compression
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Antonin Houska <ah@cybertec.at> wrote:

> Oleg Ivanov <o.ivanov@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
>
> > In order to overcome that issue, I would like to propose the patch, which
> > provides possibility to use another approach of the WAL record
> > construction.
>
> After having spent several hours reviewing this patch I dare to send the
> following comments:

One more idea:

I think the metadata (ALIGN_GAP) should be stored separate from the actual
data so that you can use memcpy() instead of this loop:
   while (i < j)   {    char        c = targetRegionAligned[i++];
    writeToPtr(ptr, c);   }

--
Antonin Houska
Cybertec Schönig & Schönig GmbH