Re: [REVIEW] Re: Compression of full-page-writes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: [REVIEW] Re: Compression of full-page-writes
Date
Re: [REVIEW] Re: Compression of full-page-writes  ("Syed, Rahila" <Rahila.Syed@nttdata.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 8:01 AM, Michael Paquier
<michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 6:54 AM, Rahila Syed <rahilasyed90@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>Even this patch doesn't work fine. The standby emit the following
>>>error messages.
>>
>> Yes this bug remains unsolved. I am still working on resolving this.
>>
>> Following chunk IDs have been added in the attached patch as suggested
>> upthread.
>> +#define XLR_CHUNK_BLOCK_REFERENCE  0x10
>> +#define XLR_CHUNK_BLOCK_HAS_IMAGE  0x04
>> +#define XLR_CHUNK_BLOCK_HAS_DATA   0x08
>>
>> XLR_CHUNK_BLOCK_REFERENCE denotes chunk ID of block references.
>> XLR_CHUNK_BLOCK_HAS_IMAGE is a replacement of BKPBLOCK_HAS_IMAGE
>> and XLR_CHUNK_BLOCK_HAS DATA a replacement of BKPBLOCK_HAS_DATA.
>
> Before sending a new version, be sure that this get fixed by for
> example building up a master with a standby replaying WAL, and running
> make installcheck-world or similar. If the standby does not complain
> at all, you have good chances to not have bugs. You could also build
> with WAL_DEBUG to check record consistency.

It would be good to get those problems fixed first. Could you send an
updated patch? I'll look into it in more details. For the time being I
am switching this patch to "Waiting on Author".
--
Michael