Re: pg_stat_archiver issue with aborted archiver - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: pg_stat_archiver issue with aborted archiver
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Jun 7, 2015 at 1:11 AM, Julien Rouhaud
<julien.rouhaud@dalibo.com> wrote:
> I just noticed that if the archiver aborts (for instance if the
> archive_command exited with a return code > 127), pg_stat_archiver won't
> report those failed attempts. This happens with both 9.4 and 9.5 branches.
>
> Please find attached a patch that fix this issue, based on current head.

The current code seems right to me. When the archive command dies
because of a signal (exit code > 128), the server should fail
immediately with FATAL and should not do any extra processing. It will
also try to archive again the same segment file after restart. When
trying again, if this time the failure is not caused by a signal but
still fails it will be reported to pg_stat_archiver.
--
Michael