Re: OpenSSL 1.1 breaks configure and more - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: OpenSSL 1.1 breaks configure and more
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 3:21 AM, Andreas Karlsson <andreas@proxel.se> wrote:
> Yes, we could do that, but I do not think we should check for the existence
> of a backwards compatibility macro. Actually I think we may want to skip
> much of the OpenSSL initialization code when compiling against OpenSSL 1.1
> since they have now added automatic initialization of the library. Instead I
> think we should check for something we actually will use like SSL_CTX_new().

Agreed. Changing the routine being checked may be a good idea in this
case, and we surely want to check for something that is used in the
frontend and the backend. So why not something more generic like
SSL_read or SSL_write?
--
Michael