Re: [HACKERS] src/test/ssl/t/001_ssltests.pl should not tromp on file permissions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: [HACKERS] src/test/ssl/t/001_ssltests.pl should not tromp on file permissions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 7:05 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> I got tripped up while building the 10beta1 tarballs by the fact
> that src/test/ssl/ssl/client.key had permissions 0600 in my git
> checkout.  After a fair amount of head-scratching, I figured out
> that this must have been a side-effect of having run the SSL regression
> tests at some point in the past.  I do not like test scripts that
> scribble on non-transient files, not even (or perhaps especially not)
> if they're "just" changing the permissions.
>
> We could maybe make 001_ssltests.pl save and restore the file's
> permissions, but I think probably a cleaner answer is to have it
> make a temporary copy and set the permissions on that.

Ah, you are talking about ss/client.key here... Using a temporary copy
makes the most sense to me, as there is no need to think about putting
back the old permissions on test failure, and the original tree
remains unmodified all the time.
--
Michael

Attachment