Re: [HACKERS] [patch] Build pgoutput with MSVC - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: [HACKERS] [patch] Build pgoutput with MSVC
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, May 6, 2017 at 7:07 AM, MauMau <maumau307@gmail.com> wrote:
> From: Magnus Hagander
> If that's all that's required, I'll just go ahead and commit it right
> away, including the clean.bat.
>
> I think the problem with clean.bat isn't cleaning up pgoutput.dll --
> that one goes in a different directory. But it does need to clean up
> the win32ver.rc file that gets dropped there automaticaly.
>
> The attached patch itself seems broken (it has some sort of byte order
> marker at the beginning, but removing that still breaks with "patch
> unexpectedly ends in middle of line patch: **** Only garbage was found
> in the patch input.". But I can just copy/paste it manually :)
>

> Thanks, fixed clean.bat, too.  My original patch was in UTF-16
> unexpectedly.  With Git Shell in GitHub Desktop on Windows, "git diff
>> filename" seems to produce output in UTF-16.  I guess that's due to
> PowerShell.  I think there's nothing else to do, so please commit
> this.  Also, I added an item in the Open Items page.

Magnus has already pushed it as 28d1c8c.

+if exist src\backend\replication\libpqwalreceiver\win32ver.rc del /q
src\backend\replication\pgoutput\win32ver.rc
This is not right by the way, you need to check for the existence of
the file in pgoutput/, not libpqwalreceiver/.
--
Michael