Re: Role Attribute Bitmask Catalog Representation - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Role Attribute Bitmask Catalog Representation
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Dec 7, 2014 at 1:50 AM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> * Adam Brightwell (adam.brightwell@crunchydatasolutions.com) wrote:
>> > I don't see any changes to the regression test files, were they
>> > forgotten in the patch?  I would think that at least the view definition
>> > changes would require updates to the regression tests, though perhaps
>> > nothing else.
>>
>> Hmmm... :-/ The regression tests that changed were in
>> 'src/test/regress/expected/rules.out' and should be near the bottom of the
>> patch.
>
> Hah, looked just like changes to the system_views, sorry for the
> confusion. :)
>
>> > Overall, I'm pretty happy with the patch and would suggest moving on to
>> > writing up the documentation changes to go along with the code changes.
>> > I'll continue to play around with it but it all seems pretty clean to
>> > me and will allow us to easily add the additiaonl role attributes being
>> > discussed.
>>
>> Sounds good.  I'll start on those changes next.
This patch (https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/patch_view?id=1616)
has not been updated in the commitfest app for two months, making its
progress hard to track. However, even if some progress has been made
things are still not complete (documentation, etc.). Opinions about
marking that as returned with feedback for the current commit fest and
create a new entry for the next CF if this work is going to be
pursued?
I guess that it would be fine simply move it to the next CF, but it
seems I cannot do that myself in the CF app.
--
Michael