Re: pg_rewind confusion - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: pg_rewind confusion
Date
List pgsql-docs
On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 3:07 AM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> I was confused by pg_rewind's ability to use a remote source server, and
> another core team member was confused as well, so I figured I should
> update the pg_rewind docs to be clearer.
>
> Attached is a patch to do that.

This is a clean set of improvements.

-   <xref linkend="guc-full-page-writes"> must also be enabled.  That is the
-   default.
+   <xref linkend="guc-full-page-writes"> must also be on, but it is
+   enabled by default.
Perhaps you should add a <literal> markup around "on"? And say "must
be also set to on"

-        with superuser access. This option requires the server to be running
-        and not in recovery mode.
+        with superuser access. This option requires the local or remote
+        server to be running and not in recovery mode.
I don't think that "local or remote" is an improvement here. You could
just say "source".

+      Copy all other files such as <filename>clog</filename> and
clog is not a term used a lot in the docs. It may be better to refer
to pg_clog, or transaction status data.
--
Michael