Re: pg_ctl/pg_rewind tests vs. slow AIX buildfarm members - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: pg_ctl/pg_rewind tests vs. slow AIX buildfarm members
Date
Re: pg_ctl/pg_rewind tests vs. slow AIX buildfarm members  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Sep 26, 2015 at 9:12 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> So the attached modified patch adjusts the PID-match logic and some
> comments, but is otherwise what I posted before.  I believe that this
> might actually work on Windows, but I have no way to test it.  Someone
> please try that?  (Don't forget to test the service-start path, too.)

If "pg_ctl start" is invoked directly from a command prompt, it works.
Now, if I run "pg_ctl start" within a script (in an msysgit
environment for example), pg_ctl fails, complaining that
postmaster.pid already exists. The TAP tests get broken as well,
attached are the log files of the run, and here is an interested bit:
# Running: pg_ctl start -D
C:\Users\ioltas\git\postgres\src\bin\pg_ctl\tmp_testor2K/data -w
waiting for server to start... stopped waiting
not ok 12 - pg_ctl start -w
#   Failed test 'pg_ctl start -w'
#   at C:/Users/ioltas/git/postgres/src/test/perl/TestLib.pm line 282.
# Running: pg_ctl start -D
C:\Users\ioltas\git\postgres\src\bin\pg_ctl\tmp_testor2K/data -w
waiting for server to start...FATAL:  lock file "postmaster.pid" already exists
HINT:  Is another postmaster (PID 4040) running in data directory
"C:/Users/ioltas/git/postgres/src/bin/pg_ctl/tmp_testor2K/data"?
LOG:  database system was shut down at 2015-10-06 23:58:02 PDT
LOG:  MultiXact member wraparound protections are now enabled
FATAL:  the database system is starting up
LOG:  database system is ready to accept connections
LOG:  autovacuum launcher started
 stopped waiting
Registering a service to the SCM works, but the service registered
refuses to start.
Regards,
--
Michael