Re: Patch: add recovery_timeout option to control timeout of restore_command nonzero status code - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Patch: add recovery_timeout option to control timeout of restore_command nonzero status code
Date
In response to Re: [HACKERS] Patch: add recovery_timeout option to control timeout of restore_command nonzero status code  (Alexey Vasiliev <leopard_ne@inbox.ru>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Dec 30, 2014 at 9:10 PM, Alexey Vasiliev <leopard_ne@inbox.ru> wrote:
> To not modify current pg_usleep calculation, I changed
> restore_command_retry_interval value to seconds (not milliseconds). In this
> case, min value - 1 second.
Er, what the problem with not changing 1000000L to 1000L? The unit of
your parameter is ms AFAIK.

Also, I am not really getting the meaning of this paragraph:
+       <para>
+        This is useful, if I using for restore of wal logs some
+        external storage and no matter what the slave database
+        will lag behind the master.
+       </para>
Could you be more explicit here? What do you want to mean here?

(btw, please let's keep the thread readable and not reply at the top
of each post).
--
Michael