Re: pg_hba_file_settings view patch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: pg_hba_file_settings view patch
Date
Re: pg_hba_file_settings view patch  (Haribabu Kommi <kommi.haribabu@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Sep 5, 2016 at 4:09 PM, Haribabu Kommi <kommi.haribabu@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 4, 2016 at 1:44 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> On 15 August 2016 at 12:17, Haribabu Kommi <kommi.haribabu@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > comments?
>>
>> This looks like a good feature contribution, thanks.
>>
>> At present the patch doesn't apply cleanly, please rebase.
>

> Rebased patch is attached.

Moved to next CF as there is a patch and no reviews.

+       push_jsonb_string_key(&parseState, "map");
+       push_jsonb_string_value(&parseState, hba->usermap);
[...]
+    <row>
+     <entry><structfield>options</structfield></entry>
+     <entry>Configuration options set for authentication method</entry>
+    </row>
Why is it an advantage to use jsonb here instead of a simple array
made of name=value? If they were nested I'd see a case for it but it
seems to me that as presented this is just an overkill. In short, I
think that this patch needs a bit of rework, so I am marking it as
returned with feedback.
--
Michael