Re: Unable to build pg_rewind - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Unable to build pg_rewind
Date
Re: Unable to build pg_rewind  ("Ratay, Steve" <Steve.Ratay@Teradata.com>)
List pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 8:03 AM, Mark Kirkwood <mark.kirkwood@catalyst.net.nz> wrote:
On 25/02/15 11:06, Ratay, Steve wrote:
I have checked out the pg_rewind code from https://github.com/vmware/pg_rewind.git on the master branch and am using PostgreSQL 9.4.1 source code to build against.  When I try to compile pg_rewind, I am getting the following errors.  How can I resolve these problems?

It looks like master of pg_rewind expects to be built against Postgres 9.5. Try checking out the REL9_4_STABLE branch.

 This branching model makes management of the code easier because WAL-related APIs and WAL format can change a lot between major releases (and also because in this case it would have made the code less readable using blocks based on PG_VERSION_NUM for not that much result).

Note as well that pg_rewind is not (yet?) added in PostgreSQL core, so you should ask directly questions here:
https://github.com/vmware/pg_rewind/issues
Regards,
--
Michael