Getting specific partition from the partition name - Mailing list pgsql-general

From veem v
Subject Getting specific partition from the partition name
Date
Re: Getting specific partition from the partition name
List pgsql-general
Hi ,
We are using postgres version 15.4. We have a range partition table and the partition naming convention is generated by pg_partman and is something like "table_name>_pYYYY_MM_DD".

We have a requirement of extracting specific partitions ordered by the date criteria and also do some operations on that specific date. But I am struggling and it's not working as expected.I tried something as below but it's not working.Can somebody guide me here please.

 to_date( substring('table_part_p2024_08_08' from '_p(\d{4})_(\d{2})_(\d{2})'),      'YYYY_MM_DD'
    ) < current_date

or is there any ready-made data dictionary which will give us the order of the partitions by the date and we can get hold of the specific nth partition in that table?

Regards
Veem