Re: Outdated comment in get_agg_clause_costs - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Rowley
Subject Re: Outdated comment in get_agg_clause_costs
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 23 Jul 2021 at 02:29, David Rowley <dgrowleyml@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've attached a patch that adjusts the comment so it's more aligned to
> what it now does.

This was a bit more outdated than I first thought.  I also removed the
mention of the function setting the aggtranstype and what it mentions
about also gathering up "counts". I assume that was related to
numOrderedAggs which is now done in preprocess_aggref().

I ended up pushing to master and PG14.  The code was new to PG14 so I
thought it made sense to keep master and 14 the same since 14 is not
yet out the door.

David