Re: Record a Bitmapset of non-pruned partitions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Rowley
Subject Re: Record a Bitmapset of non-pruned partitions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, 10 Jul 2021 at 03:24, David Rowley <dgrowleyml@gmail.com> wrote:
> The good news is that the code in partitions_are_ordered() became even
> more simple as a result of this change. We can do ordered scan simply
> when !bms_overlap(live_parts, boundinfo->interleaved_parts).

I've spent a bit more time revising the 0002 patch so that we're a bit
more strict about when we mark a partition as interleaved.  For
example, if the DEFAULT partition happens to be the only partition,
then I'm no longer classing that as interleaved as there's nothing for
it to be interleaved with.

This also fixes up the not-so-robust check that I had to check if the
NULL partition allowed other Datums.

David

Attachment