Re: Reducing the chunk header sizes on all memory context types - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Rowley
Subject Re: Reducing the chunk header sizes on all memory context types
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 30 Aug 2022 at 12:22, Tomas Vondra
<tomas.vondra@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> I also suggested doing a similar check in MemoryChunkGetPointer, so that
> we catch the issue earlier - right after we allocate the chunk. Any
> opinion on that?

I think it's probably a good idea. However, I'm not yet sure if we can
keep it as a macro or if it would need to become a static inline
function to do that.

What I'd really have wished for is a macro like AssertPointersEqual()
that spat out the two pointer values. That would probably have saved
more time on this issue.

David