Re: create partition table caused server crashed withself-referencing foreign key - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Rowley
Subject Re: create partition table caused server crashed withself-referencing foreign key
Date
List pgsql-hackers

errorType=0xc2ea23"FailedAssertion", fileName=0xc2f0bf "tablecmds.c", lineNumber=9046) at assert.c:67

>> > Looks like this assertion is incorrect, I guess it should have check
>> > numfks <= attmap->maplen instead.
>>
>> Even that seems like a very strange thing to Assert. Basically it's
>> saying, make sure the number of columns in the foreign key constraint
>> is less than or equal to the number of attributes in parentRel.
>>
>> It's true we do disallow duplicate column names in the foreign key
>> constraint (at least since 9da867537), but why do we want an Assert to
>> say that?  I don't see anything about that code that would break if we
>> did happen to allow duplicate columns in the foreign key.  I'd say the
>> Assert should just be removed completely.
>

> Understood and agree with you.

I pushed a patch to remove the Assert. I didn't really feel a need to
make any adjustments to the regression tests for this. The Assert was
clearly out of place, it's hard to imagine that this could ever get
broken again.

David