Re: Reducing the chunk header sizes on all memory context types - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Rowley
Subject Re: Reducing the chunk header sizes on all memory context types
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 30 Aug 2022 at 03:43, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> I think adding a padding field to SlabBlock would be a less messy
> solution than your patch.

Thank you both of you for looking at this while I was sleeping.

I've read over the emails and glanced at Tomas' patch. I think that
seems good. I think I'd rather see us do that than pad the struct out
further as Tomas' method is more aligned to what we do in aset.c
(ALLOC_BLOCKHDRSZ) and generation.c (Generation_BLOCKHDRSZ).

I can adjust Tomas' patch to #define Slab_BLOCKHDRSZ

David