compression of query and result data in tcp socket connections - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Oguz Yilmaz
Subject compression of query and result data in tcp socket connections
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

We need some handy method for compression of pgsql communication on
port 5432. For my case, database is available over the internet and
application logic has to reach the database remotely.

I have searched for it and found those threads:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2002-05/msg00752.php
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2010-08/msg00003.php
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2002-03/msg00664.php
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2006-05/msg01318.php

Some suggested ssh tunneling for the compression as a wrapper. However
this requires having to open ssh tunnels seperately for each remote db
server. So this is not much handy for us.

Is it possible to include compression on tcp db connection through a
way which is more internal to postgresql.

Best Regards,

--
Oguz YILMAZ