Re: Patch: incorrect array offset in backend replication tar header - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Brian Weaver
Subject Re: Patch: incorrect array offset in backend replication tar header
Date
Re: Patch: incorrect array offset in backend replication tar header  (Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
Magnus,

I probably just did a poor job of explaining what I wanted to try. I
was going to have the base backup open two connections; one to stream
the tar archive, the second to receive the wal files like
pg_receivexlog.

The wal files received on the second connection would be streamed to a
temporary file, with tar headers. Then when the complete tar archive
from the first header was complete received simply replay the contents
from the temporary file to append them to the tar archive.

Turns out that isn't necessary..... It was an idea borne from my
misunderstanding of how the pg_basebackup worked. The archive will
include all the wal files if I make wal_keep_segments high enough.

-- Brian

--

/* insert witty comment here */