Re: cirrus-ci cross-build interactions? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From James Coleman
Subject Re: cirrus-ci cross-build interactions?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Sep 26, 2022 at 10:36 PM James Coleman <jtc331@gmail.com> wrote:

> I had a build on Cirrus CI fail tonight in what I have to assume was
> either a problem with caching across builds or some such similar
> flakiness. In the Debian task [1] I received this error:
>
> su postgres -c "make -s -j${BUILD_JOBS} world-bin"
> In file included from parser.c:25:
> ./gramparse.h:29:10: fatal error: 'gram.h' file not found
> #include "gram.h"
> ^~~~~~~~
> 1 error generated.
> make[3]: *** [../../../src/Makefile.global:1078: parser.bc] Error 1
> make[2]: *** [common.mk:36: parser-recursive] Error 2
> make[1]: *** [Makefile:42: all-backend-recurse] Error 2
> make: *** [GNUmakefile:21: world-bin-src-recurse] Error 2
>
> There were no changes in the commits I'd made to either parser.c or
> gramparse.h or gram.h. After running "git commit --amend --no-edit"
> (with zero changes) to rewrite the commit and forcing pushing the
> build [2] seems to be fine. I've double-checked there are no
> differences between the commits on the two builds (git diff shows no
> output).
>
> Is it possible we're missing some kind of necessary build isolation in
> the Cirrus CI scripting?
>
> Thanks,
> James Coleman
>
> 1: https://cirrus-ci.com/task/6141559258218496
> 2: https://cirrus-ci.com/build/6309235720978432

Hmm, it looks like I don't have the commit that came out of this
thread [1] about gram.h issues; perhaps that's the issue.

I'm not sure why it fails sometimes and not others, however, though I
noticed that on the second build from my original email the Debian
step passed while the compiler warnings step failed with the same
error.

James Coleman

1: https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20220914210427.y26tkagmxo5wwbvp%40awork3.anarazel.de