Re: Review of: pg_stat_statements with query tree normalization - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Daniel Farina
Subject Re: Review of: pg_stat_statements with query tree normalization
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 3:53 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Well, short of seeing an acceptable patch for the larger thing, I don't
> want to accept a patch to add that field to Const, because I think it's
> a kluge.  I'm still feeling that there must be a better way ...

Hm. Maybe it is tractable to to find the position of the lexme
immediately after the Const?  Outside of the possible loss of
whitespace (is that a big deal? I'm not sure) that could do the
trick...after all, the entire lexeme stream is annotated with the
beginning position, if memory serves, and that can be related in some
way to the end position of the previous lexeme, sort-of.

--
fdr