Re: HTTP Frontend? (and a brief thought on materialized views) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Daniel Farina
Subject Re: HTTP Frontend? (and a brief thought on materialized views)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 6:25 PM, Dobes Vandermeer <dobesv@gmail.com> wrote:
>> 2. You might find htsql <http://htsql.org/> interesting.
>

> As a reference, or should we just bundle / integrate that with PostgreSQL
> somehow?

It's a totally different language layer without wide-spread popularity
and, as of last year, still figuring out how to model updates and
transactions, with a Python dependency.  It is good work, but to build
it in and to commit maintaining it seems very premature, to my eyes.
Also, it would tie someone -- possibly the htsql maintainers -- to a
upgrade and maintenance policy not unlike Postgres itself, and that is
a very expensive proposition while they are still figuring things out.

--
fdr