Re: HTTP Frontend? (and a brief thought on materialized views) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dobes Vandermeer
Subject Re: HTTP Frontend? (and a brief thought on materialized views)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 11:04 PM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:

On 03/29/2012 10:37 AM, Dobes Vandermeer wrote:
Hi guys,

Something from Josh's recent blog post about summer of code clicked with me - the HTTP / SQL concept.

1. I've been in discussion with some people about adding simple JSON extract functions. We already have some (i.e. xpath()) for XML.

2. You might find htsql <http://htsql.org/> interesting.

As a reference, or should we just bundle / integrate that with PostgreSQL somehow?