Re: Cross-backend signals and administration (Was: Re: pg_terminate_backend for same-role) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Daniel Farina
Subject Re: Cross-backend signals and administration (Was: Re: pg_terminate_backend for same-role)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 10:48 AM, Daniel Farina <daniel@heroku.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 10:46 AM, Alvaro Herrera
> <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
>> Isn't it the case that many web applications run under some common
>> database user regardless of the underlying webapp user?  I wouldn't say
>> that's an unimportant case.  Granted, the webapp user wouldn't have
>> permission to run arbitrary queries in the first place.
>
> I thought as we have cancel_backend implemented (which this is a small
> extension of), the PGPROC roleid must be a spot-on match.

I read your email again.  I thought common => meant "same base
roleid", not "the same roleid", so I thought role inheritance was
getting into this, which it isn't. Nevermind.

--
fdr