Re: Cross-backend signals and administration (Was: Re: pg_terminate_backend for same-role) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: Cross-backend signals and administration (Was: Re: pg_terminate_backend for same-role)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tuesday, March 27, 2012 07:51:59 PM Kevin Grittner wrote:
> > Well, I guess if you have different people sharing the same
> > user-ID, you probably wouldn't want that.
>

> As Tom pointed out, if there's another person sharing the user ID
> you're using, and you don't trust them, their ability to cancel your
> session is likely way down the list of concerns you should have.
Hm. I don't think that is an entirely valid argumentation. The same user could
have entirely different databases. They even could have distinct access
countrol via the clients ip.
I have seen the same cluster being used for prod/test instances at smaller
shops several times.

Whether thats a valid usecase I have no idea.

Andres