Re: shared-memory based stats collector - v66 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Melanie Plageman
Subject Re: shared-memory based stats collector - v66
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Mar 17, 2022 at 3:36 AM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> I've attached a substantially improved version of the shared memory stats
> patch.
>   - lot of the pg_stat_ views like bgwriter, pg_stat_database have zero coverage today

Attached are some tests including tests that reset of stats works for
all views having a reset timestamp as well as a basic test for at least
one column in all of the following stats views:
pg_stat_archiver, pg_stat_bgwriter, pg_stat_wal, pg_stat_slru,
pg_stat_replication_slots, pg_stat_database

It might be nice to have a test for one of the columns fetched from the
PgStatBgwriter data structure since those and the Checkpointer stats are
stored separately despite being displayed in the same view currently.
but, alas...

- Melanie

Attachment