Re: Mysterious table that exists but doesn't exist - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dale Fukami
Subject Re: Mysterious table that exists but doesn't exist
Date
List pgsql-general

Hm ... there was a fix in 9.0.12 that might be relevant to this:
http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git&a=commitdiff&h=5840e3181b7e6c784fdb3aff708c4dcc2dfe551d
Whether that explains it or not, 9.0.5 is getting long in the tooth;
you really need to think about an update.  Especially in view of
CVE-2013-1899.

Yeah, we've been in the process of planning the update in light of the security fix. We're likely just making the jump to 9.2 in the process so that'll be handled soon.

I think you should update your PG version and then resync your standbys
(ie, apply a fresh base backup) at the next convenient maintenance
window.

We did apply a fresh base backup last night to ensure our current standbys are in a good state. I was mostly wondering if there were some better way to continually monitor the state of our standbys on an ongoing basis aside from checking pg_last_xlog_receive_location, etc. I realize it's no small task but thought maybe there was something I had missed.

In the end, I think this just helps nudge our upgrade along :)

Thanks for all the help!
Dale