Re: Azure Database for PostgreSQL - how to add pgbouncer or similar? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alexander Farber
Subject Re: Azure Database for PostgreSQL - how to add pgbouncer or similar?
Date
List pgsql-general
Thank you Adrian -

On Sat, Jun 29, 2019 at 3:59 PM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 6/29/19 12:34 AM, Alexander Farber wrote:

Not from within. Supported extensions:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/postgresql/concepts-extensions

Using search term 'azure postgresql connection pooler', a sample blog
that shows another way:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/postgresql/concepts-extensions

Why not spin up a VM and install your own Postgres ?

I am just overwhelmed by the Azure, too many options there...

You are correct - I could easily create a Linux VM and install Postgres and pgbouncer there :-)

But how to create the "cloudliness" then? I.e. how to automatically launch additional VM instances automatically when the load is increasing? (and still keep the database "in sync")

Regards
Alex