PostgreSQL 9.5 RPMs on Centos 7 - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-yum

From Hans Hübner
Subject PostgreSQL 9.5 RPMs on Centos 7
Date
List pgsql-pkg-yum
Hello,

it seems that there is a regression the the PostgreSQL 9.5 RPMs for CentOS (possibly others).  The problem occurs when trying to install postgresql95-server using yum from http://yum.postgresql.org/9.5/redhat/rhel-7-x86_64/.  In the post installation phase, a message like this:

/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.jvPp3e: line 10: fg: no job control

is printed.  This leaves the systemd setup of the server incomplete and it cannot be started.

With the help of Zr40 in IRC, I could determine that the problem was introduced in http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgrpms.git;a=commitdiff;h=d52487 which added a "%tmpfiles_createa" line to the post install steps which seems not to be resolved by RPM, leaving a stray % in the script which causes the message.  See "rpm -q --scripts postgresql95-server-9.5.1" for the scripts.

I'll go back to PostgreSQL 9.4 for now, but I'd be interested in upgrading.

Thanks,
Hans

--
LambdaWerk GmbH