Re: making the backend's json parser work in frontend code - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: making the backend's json parser work in frontend code
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jan 29, 2020 at 4:32 PM Andrew Dunstan
<andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> On 1/28/20 5:28 PM, Mark Dilger wrote:
> >

> >> +# There doesn't seem to be any easy way to get TestLib to use the binaries from
> >> +# our directory, so we hack up a path to our binary and run that
> >> directly.  This
> >> +# seems brittle enough that some other solution should be found, if possible.
> >> +
> >> +my $test_json = join('/', $ENV{TESTDIR}, 'test_json');
> >>
> >> I don't know what the right thing to do here is. Perhaps someone more
> >> familiar with TAP testing can comment.
> > Yeah, I was hoping that might get a comment from Andrew.  I think if it works as-is on windows, we could just use
itthis way until it causes a problem on some platform or other.  It’s not a runtime issue, being only a build-time
test,and only then when tap tests are enabled *and* running check-world, so nobody should really be adversely affected.
I’ll likely get around to testing this on Windows, but I don’t have any Windows environments set up yet, as that is
stillon my todo list.

> I think using TESTDIR is Ok,

I've changed my mind, I don't think that will work for MSVC, the
executable gets built elsewhere for that. I'll try to come up with
something portable.

cheers

andrew