Re: making the backend's json parser work in frontend code - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: making the backend's json parser work in frontend code
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 1/28/20 5:28 PM, Mark Dilger wrote:

>> +# There doesn't seem to be any easy way to get TestLib to use the binaries from
>> +# our directory, so we hack up a path to our binary and run that
>> directly.  This
>> +# seems brittle enough that some other solution should be found, if possible.
>> +
>> +my $test_json = join('/', $ENV{TESTDIR}, 'test_json');
>>
>> I don't know what the right thing to do here is. Perhaps someone more
>> familiar with TAP testing can comment.
> Yeah, I was hoping that might get a comment from Andrew.  I think if it works as-is on windows, we could just use it
thisway until it causes a problem on some platform or other.  It’s not a runtime issue, being only a build-time test,
andonly then when tap tests are enabled *and* running check-world, so nobody should really be adversely affected.  I’ll
likelyget around to testing this on Windows, but I don’t have any Windows environments set up yet, as that is still on
mytodo list.

I think using TESTDIR is Ok, but we do need a little more on Windows,
because the executable name will be different. See attached revised
version of the test script.

We also need some extra stuff for MSVC. Something like the attached
change to src/tools/msvc/Mkvcbuild.pm. Also, the Makefile will need a
line like:

PROGRAM = test_json

I'm still not 100% on the location of the test. I think the way the msvc
suite works this should be in its own dedicated directory e.g.
src/test/json_parse.

cheers

andrew

Attachment