Re: pg_restore remap schema - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Fabrice Chapuis
Subject Re: pg_restore remap schema
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,
I worked on the pg_dump source code to add remap schema functionality to use it internally where I work. This is a first version that allows to remap tables, views and sequences (only to export schema). Is this development likely to interest the PG community and to continue this development further?

Regards,
Fabrice

On Mon, Aug 8, 2022 at 8:22 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info> writes:
> Le lun. 8 août 2022 à 18:28, Fabrice Chapuis <fabrice636861@gmail.com> a
>> Is a development in progress to add this option

> Nope, never heard of someone working on this.

People have asked for such a thing before, but it'd be quite difficult
to do reliably --- particularly inside function bodies, which aren't
normally parsed at all during a dump/restore.  If you're willing to
accept a 95% solution, running the pg_restore output through "sed"
would likely work fairly well.  I'd personally want to diff the
before-and-after scripts before applying though :-)

                        regards, tom lane