Re: [HACKERS] Inadequate parallel-safety check for SubPlans - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Inadequate parallel-safety check for SubPlans
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Apr 16, 2017 at 9:30 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com> writes:
>> On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 02:41:09PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>>> This is 100% wrong.  It's failing to recurse into the subexpressions of
>>> the SubPlan, which could very easily include parallel-unsafe function
>>> calls.  Example:
>
>> The above-described topic is currently a PostgreSQL 10 open item.  Robert,
>> since you committed the patch believed to have created it, you own this open
>> item.  If some other commit is more relevant or if this does not belong as a
>> v10 open item, please let us know.
>
> FYI, I have this on my to-look-at list, and expect to fix it before Robert
> returns from vacation.

Let me know if an initial patch by someone else can be helpful?  I was
not completely sure whether we need to pass any sort of whitelist of
params for parallel safety, but if you think that is the better way to
go, I can give it a try.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.