Re: narwhal and PGDLLIMPORT - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: narwhal and PGDLLIMPORT
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 11:01 AM, Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On 02/11/2014 01:28 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> If there are no objections, I'll push this patch into HEAD tomorrow,
>> along with the upthread patches from Craig Ringer and Marco Atzeri.
>> We might as well see if this stuff is going to work ...
>
> I'd love to test my patch properly before pushing it, but my dev machine
> is going to need a total teardown and rebuild,

I can do the test of your patch/idea, please confirm if below steps are
sufficient:
a. Change manually postgres.def file and add DATA for MainLWLockArray.   (Will it be sufficient to change manually or
shouldI apply your patch)

b. Rebuild pg_buffercache module
c. Test pg_buffercache if it can access the variable.
d. If above works, then run 'check'.

If I understand correctly your patch is intended to resolve PGDLLIMPORT
problem, right?

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.