Re: Re:RE: Re:BUG #18369: logical decoding core on AssertTXNLsnOrder() - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: Re:RE: Re:BUG #18369: logical decoding core on AssertTXNLsnOrder()
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Mar 15, 2024 at 6:16 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 13, 2024 at 3:24 PM Hayato Kuroda (Fujitsu)
> <kuroda.hayato@fujitsu.com> wrote:
> >
> > Regarding the second failure, which was reported the upstream.
> >
> > While reading some other threads, I found that the similar phenomenon has already
> > been reported in [1]. The primal reason was that slots reused the serialized
> > snapshot but it was not correct. Therefore, I thought the second failure should
> > be discussed on the referred thread and here we should focused on the recently
> > proposed fix by me.
> > (This meant that my proposed workload may not work well after the fix. Will modify
> > the test later if needed.)
> >

> I agree with this. Is there a reason you are not using the test for
> the issue originally reported in this thread?

To verify my theory, I tried by slight modification in the test
proposed by your patch:
proposed:
"s0_init" "s0_begin" "s0_savepoint" "s0_create_part1"
"s0_savepoint_release" "s2_init" "s1_checkpoint" "s1_get_changes"
"s0_commit" "s2_get_changes" "s2_stop"

changed:
"s0_init" "s0_begin" "s0_savepoint" "s0_create_part1"
"s0_savepoint_release" "s2_init" "s1_checkpoint" "s1_get_changes"
"so_insert_part1" "s0_commit" "s2_get_changes" "s2_stop"

Note that so_insert_part1 (define it as: Insert into tbl1_part
values(2);) before s0_commit and I get the error: "ERROR:  could not
map filenode "base/5/16387" to relation OID". So, I feel such a test
case needs the fix being discussed in the thread [1]. I don't know
whether there will be any relation between the fixes for both the
issues but it seems better to evaluate the other one [1] as well
before moving forward with the fix in this thread.

[1] - https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/29273AF3-9684-4069-9257-D05090B03B99@amazon.com

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.