Re: postgresql.auto.conf and reload - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: postgresql.auto.conf and reload
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 6:11 PM, Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 11:05 PM, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Okay. As mentioned upthread, I have fixed by ensuring that for duplicate
> > config params, retain only which comes later during parsing.
> > I think it might have been bit simpler to fix, if we try to fix after
> > parsing
> > is complete, but I think for that we might need to replicate the logic
> > at multiple places.
>
> ISTM that the patch works fine. Only concern is that the logic needs
> O(n^2) comparison, which may cause performance problem. But
> "n" in O(n^2) is the number of uncommented parameters and I don't
> think it's so big, ISTM I can live with the logic...

Thanks for reviewing the patch.  I also think that having O(n^2)
comparisons should not be a problem in this logic as it will be processed
only during load/parse of config file which we don't do in performance
sensitive path.

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.