Re: pgsql: Add tests for '-f' option in dropdb utility. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: pgsql: Add tests for '-f' option in dropdb utility.
Date
List pgsql-committers
On Thu, Nov 28, 2019 at 6:59 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 28, 2019 at 11:49 AM Amit Kapila <akapila@postgresql.org> wrote:
> >
> > Add tests for '-f' option in dropdb utility.
> >

> drongo doesn't seem to like this commit [1].  Below is shown in failure report:
>
> # aborting wait: program died
> # stream contents: >>psql:<stdin>:4: server closed the connection unexpectedly
> # This probably means the server terminated abnormally
> # before or while processing the request.
> # psql:<stdin>:4: fatal: connection to server was lost
> # <<
> # pattern searched for: (?^m:FATAL:  terminating connection due to
> administrator command)

I checked that one other similar usage in 013_crash_restart.pl is
expecting below message:
/WARNING:  terminating connection because of crash of another server
process|server closed the connection unexpectedly|connection to server
was lost

The message expected by this test was: "FATAL:  terminating connection
due to administrator command" which seems to be fine in most cases but
not all.

I think we just need to change the expected message the same as in
013_crash_restart.pl to make this test pass on all platforms.  I will
do a bit more study and prepare a test setup in a similar environment
to test this case tomorrow.  I don't want to do this today in a hurry
without testing it carefully.  I hope that is fine.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.