Re: pgsql: Add tests for '-f' option in dropdb utility. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: pgsql: Add tests for '-f' option in dropdb utility.
Date
List pgsql-committers
On Thu, Nov 28, 2019 at 11:49 AM Amit Kapila <akapila@postgresql.org> wrote:

> Add tests for '-f' option in dropdb utility.

drongo doesn't seem to like this commit [1].  Below is shown in failure report:

# aborting wait: program died
# stream contents: >>psql:<stdin>:4: server closed the connection unexpectedly
# This probably means the server terminated abnormally
# before or while processing the request.
# psql:<stdin>:4: fatal: connection to server was lost
# <<
# pattern searched for: (?^m:FATAL:  terminating connection due to
administrator command)

It seems to indicate that the message is not matched after we have
forcefully terminated it by Drop Database .. (force);.  The first
thought that came to mind is that it is specific to this system as
this passes on other machines.  It is possible that it is
Windows-specific.  I'll investigate it further.

[1] - https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=drongo&dt=2019-11-28%2009%3A57%3A30

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.